Thursday, December 8, 2011

Inevitable Introductions and whatnot

Welcome to Science and Video Games?!, a blog I intend to upkeep regularly and give info on not only the world of scientific advancement, but also about my second favorite thing: video games. A lot of the time there is some sort of correlation between the two (video games after all are a form of technological advancement). I've wanted to make this blog for awhile now, and I would like to thank my English 102 professor for giving me a good reason to finally get around to it.

I won't just focus on one realm of technology or science, because that would get boring really quick. Everything from bioengineering to ecology conservation to physics discoveries is fair game, and don't expect me to focus too heavily on video games. They're awesome, but frankly science is more important.

Additionally I'll be putting my email on the blog so any topics you might want me to write about, either video games or recent scientific developments, just contact me about it and I'll consider adding it to the queue of fun and controversial topics.

Now that that's out of the way, I'll be following up with some insight into genetic engineering. Spoiler alert, it's a hot topic open to a lot of debate. My point with this isn't necessarily to make you take a side in these debates, but I really want people to know both sides of the argument before they take a side. This holds true to anything I write here: I promise to remain as objective as possible. My overall goal is to inform, not to persuade, so feel comfortable to criticize or analyze anything I write. I'm by no means an expert on any of the topics, so I want others input as well.

Thanks a ton, and stick around, I'll make sure to keep this interesting for ya'll.
-Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment